New York City is no stranger to modern hotels. In fact, some of the greatest gems in modern hotel history have come out from this sprawling metropolis. Which, in turn, gives the Big Apple an advantage that not many urban spots enjoy – diversification within hotel genres.
Hotel Americano is a byproduct of this advantage. Its minimalism is not foreign territory to New York hotels, but its twist is. This hotel feeds a niche of customers who find it hard to scour for hotels in the dynamism of Chelsea, a part of Manhattan that is not well-equipped with accommodations of this ilk. Modernity with a little frill.
Rather than concentrating on the modern interiors of the hotel, the concept behind it allows for a rehashing of the definition of architectural modernity. It derives that utilitarian aura of providing only the necessary of luxuries without overburdening the visitor with hotel formalities. Still, the hotel is not afraid to venture into different styles like boho chic and undertones of art deco for the sheer purpose of warming up the austerity of what has became second nature for run-of-the-mill modern hotels.
The service is basic yet efficient, and there is an iPhone/iPad App made specifically for your hotel needs. All the amenities needed by a visitor in the room are available. The views overlook a quieter side of a busy city. The lighting is carefully constructed to give luster to the tones of the hotels – grays and whites with a splash of pastels. The cocktail bar in the lobby is extensive and is now one of the trendiest haunts by locals with a little zing.
Hotel Americano embodies everything New York. It tries to be everything you can’t find in tourist-trodden Midtown, yet doesn’t act uppity about it. Albeit, with an authentic New York feel without compromising its architectural integrity.
- The Sleek & Modern Designs of Hotel Americano (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Enjoy the bright lights of New York for less (theglobeandmail.com)
- Times Square hotel gets major makeover (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- 5 stylish new hotels in New York City (orbitz.com)
- Top Hotels: Hotel Americano, Chelsea, New York (thepulsemagazine.onsugar.com)
- Mondrian SoHo: Beauty and the Beast-Inspired NY Hotel (mymodernmet.com)
- Chelsea’s Hotel Americano Gets An iPad App (psfk.com)
- Mint Hotel Amsterdam gains multiple awards (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- T Magazine: Roof Rites at the Hôtel Americano (tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Stay The Night: Hôtel Americano, New York (independent.co.uk)