One our way back from a 9-day trip to South Africa, which included Cape Town, the wine lands, Johannesburg and Kruger National Park, we learned that our connecting flight has on Ethiopian Airlines has been canceled because of under-capacity. Apparently, only 10 people wanted to return to Kuwait by the end of the break on that flight. However, the number of people awaiting the new boarding passes said otherwise.
Anyway, this 24 hour transit gave me the chance to add another country to my list. A country I have learned so much about yet I hadn’t had the priviledge of visitng. Recently, I have slowed down increasing in the country numbers because its become harder to find new places and employment only gives you so many days off.
Upon our arrival we were given a coupon for a free stay at a hotel and three meals from the airline. Of course, that was hell in a day as it turned out. However, I was keen on seeing Addis Ababa – the capital of the only country in Africa that hasn’t be fully colonized and the central urban point for the cradle of humanity. Therefore, I booked an all-day tour to see all of it at once. We started atop the mountain by a church that overlooked the entire city. Made a visit to the National Museum to glance that the famous remains of the oldest recorded humanoid of Earth – Lucy. Then we went to the open market to buy some look goods and food stuffs. And, to put the cherry on top of it all we had a feast of Ethiopian food. It was a lovely surprise.
- Too Close to Heaven – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (travelpod.com)
- Eritrea is an easy aim for Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Minister of International Development Erik Solheim refutes claims Norway’s new refugee return deal with Ethiopia is linked to foreign aid amongst concerns it is being misspent (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopian Army attacks Eritrean military post in retaliation for rebel violence (csmonitor.com)
- Ethiopia Attacks Military Base Inside Eritrea (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Injera and My Introduction to Ethiopian Food (amoreecucina.wordpress.com)
- In pictures: Land leasing or land grabbing? (bbc.co.uk)
- The Dam and a Damned: Gibe III Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- Norway to deport over 400 refugees back to Ethiopia (ethioandinet.wordpress.com)
- The Little Injera that Could (aroundtheworldin365.wordpress.com)