Gist: Nestled among great foliage, the tiny town of Savonlinna stretches on top of three islands in the middle of Lake Saimaa. Each summer, this little-known destination fills up with visitors who have an ear for classical music. Orchestras travel to play in the Olavinlinna Castle, built in the 15th century, ringing across the lake. Also, the trip there will leave you with mesmerizing views of the Finnish hinterland.
- Best quirky offbeat events to attend in Europe this summer (confused.com)
- Opera by You: Create Your Own Online Opera (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
- My trip to Finland (sitkarevnik.wordpress.com)
- Finland:Finnish study says insomnia may be hereditary (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Finland Beyond Nokia (laf.ee)
- Helsinki – Helsinki, Finland (travelpod.com)
- Finland…hmmmmm….. – Helsinki, Finland (travelpod.com)