“Kayak has unveiled a new version of the Kayak Mobile application for the iPhone platform. Based on six months of design and user research, the new KAYAK application includes a complete user interface redesign, and maximizes speed and reliability of search functions.
Kayak Mobile applications have been downloaded nearly five million times since their introduction in March 2009.
“We continue to listen to user feedback and conduct research in an effort to create the most reliable and intuitive mobile travel application available,” said Kayak Chief Architect Bill O’Donnell.
The application includes a number of free travel services including flight, hotel and car rental search, itinerary management, and flight tracking. New features and upgrades to the Kayak Mobile app on the iPhone platform (kayak.com/iphone) include:
* Shift from tile-based navigation to a feature list
* Car service search feature powered by Groundlink
* Language translation for 10 European languages including German, French, Italian and Spanish
* Improved typography and information layout
* Consolidated filters to make reviewing results easier
* Expanded booking options including the option to e-mail search results to complete purchase on a computer, booking via mobile browser, and calling the airline directly”